Saturday, September 13, 2008

Got Milk?

Well, Allie is getting pretty independent. So tonight before bed, Allie wanted a cup of "Mimmi." I was being a busy mom in the office and kept telling Allie to "hold on just a minute." Well I guess Allie had heard that one too many times, and my smart girl knew that I wasn't going to be moving any time soon.

A few minutes later, Allie reappears into the office and says "Mommy, I want my mimmi." I turn around to tell her to hold on, only to bust up laughing. Allie had walked downstairs, opened the fridge, (which I have never seen her do) and returned upstairs with her jug of milk and a sippy cup. I had to see this reenacted. I walked Allie downstairs and watched as Allie leveraged herself against the wall and pried open the fridge door. Now I'll just wait for the day she tries to actually pour the milk when I am not watching!

Here is my big helper!

6 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Priceless!

Marisa said...

Very cute but once they know how to open the fridge it's not long before you find them cracking eggs in the corner!

nurseheather said...

that is awesome - don't you just love the newfound independence?

Slades said...

she is SERIOUSLY the cutest thing I've ever seen. I wish we were closer.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Sofie did that just the other day and I thought it was pretty funny and scary at the same time- how do they learn these things?

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a great picture. Her face says it all..."I'm cute and all I want is some milk PLEASE!!" Glad you got a picture of that, you'll love it forever!