Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Elmo comes to Allie 2nd Birthday

Allie turns 2! We finally got to have Allie's Elmo Party. I was telling Allie about the party the night before. She was getting excited and I told her we needed to go to sleep before the party could start, and when she woke up tomorrow it would be the day for the party. Allie responded, "I awake mommy." She kept telling me that, as if the party would start that moment because she was awake.

We had a great night (minus the diarrhea episodes...see note below) with family and are so blessed we have so much family around. I had found a bunch of Elmo party stuff at Target about 6 months ago. Allie loved Elmo then and still does, but the Disney Princesses are becoming a part of Allie's world. I asked Allie about a week ago what she wanted to do for her party. She told me she wanted a "princess party." I think we might have to consider that for next year.

The Birthday Banner's first debut

The table with one of Allie's present from Blake and I. Allie got her own Dorothy goldfish, which we put as the centerpiece on the table

My first cake! I had fun decorating this but I learned a lot on this first cake. Hopefully they only get better from here on out.

Playing "pin the nose" on Elmo. Allie and Cam did great!

Allie excited for the cake

One of Allie's favorite presents of the night....this wonderful Red Ryder trike from Papa and Grandma Deb. Allie also was excited about her "Cinderlelli" doll that she got from Ainsley and Adam. If you are wondering why Allie is sporting the panties, we had quite the night of diarrhea accidents. Allie had 3 spurts within one hour. After the first accident, I told Allie we were going to wear a diaper, but she persisted and wanted to wear her panties. I gave in, it was her birthday party. We then had another accident, and threw her in the tub and got her ready for bed. I don't know if she had some 24 hour bug or what. She had a few boughts of diarrhea the day before too. Daddy got her some Pedialyte because by the end of the party she was looking pale and a little sickly.

A few of the guests that arrived. GG is my grandma, who flew out from Michigan. She just happened to be here for the party. Thanks for making your way West, we are enjoying our time with you GG.

5 comments:

nurseheather said...

that is so exciting - can you believe that mattea had an elmo party when she turned two. we decorated everything in elmo and i attempted my first birthday cake as well - a big elmo head. wasn't too bad but a little shady. yours turned out great. sorry about the diarrhea! hope she had fun

Kris said...

Kim,
SO cute, I love the birthday banner, and the cake, watch out Martha Stewart! To bad about Allie diarrhea bout, hopefully she got over it quick! Looks like a great party!

Just Only Me said...

What fun! That cake is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Allie! Looks like you had a fun party. Tell mommy her cake looks great. Maybe we can have a play date this week. Kelly and Owen

Kami said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I didn't realize our girls are so close in age. Emma turns 2 on Sept. 18th and we are having a princess party for her. Isn't fun having a girl! :)