Monday, July 27, 2009

Chalk Paint

Allie is supposed to be doing low key activities over the next week, just to give her arm a rest with the cast off so we don't injure it again. I saw this on skip to my lou and thought it looked like a great activity for us to try out. It is called chalk paint and is so much fun! All you do is mix equal portions of water and corn starch (they recomend 2 T. of each) into muffin tins (we used our easter egg dying cups) and add food coloring.

Allie and Macy painting away

Max came out and entertained us by chasing butterflies in the yard

Macy's finished product- a house with a picture of her in the green

I had so much fun doing this with the girls. The colors are so vibrant, I just love the look of this when you are done. Here is Allie's house that she wanted me to draw after she saw Macy's. I told Allie that she had to help me, so I gave her the task of drawing the sun. I told her to just draw a circle above the house. I was pretty impressed when I saw her start drawing the lines for the sun as well. I asked her where she learned how to do that and she replied, " I just know mom." I guess she's soaking things up more than I know

2 comments:

Just Only Me said...

What a great idea!! I'm totally going to try it, thanks for the tip and recipe! :)

The Tufts said...

That does look like fun! And just in time--our chalk supply just ran out. Our littlest guy thinks it tastes better than candy. Thanks for the great idea!
p.s. Max is an awesome looking cat!