Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sandy Point

My sister and I filled their trip to Boise with memories from our childhood and experiences they have never before done in Idaho. We spent one of their final days going to Sandy Point Beach. I just love it there! It has been such a long time since I have been there. When we were kids we used to stop and get Albertson's fried chicken and spend our day up there. We also used to bring those black inner tubes with the hole in the middle. My dad would have us scrunch up in the middle and roll us down the hills. Well, we were minus the chicken and inner tube races, but we had a blast!

Miss Ainsley enjoying the sand and water

Allie had a great time playing in the sand and filling her cast full of it

You can't go to the beach and not bury anyone. I tried to convince them both to let me bury them more, but this all they wanted done

Papa, Ainsley, and Auntie Lara making their way to the fountain. Papa ended up going out solo on this trip. Later on the whole gang, including Allie in her inner tube, made it out to the fountain. Ainsley had a great time going under the fountain by herself

Allie spending some more time on the beach...we built sand castles and made a river in the sand that led out to the lake

Adam also had a great time back on the sand. He loved building his little village with roads, ponds, and castles

I literally turned my back when Lara made a bathroom run and all 3 kiddos were out in the water. I'm glad I turned around to find Allie with her cast held high in the air and everyone still afloat

Two cutie pies

Cousin Party! What a great few hours we enjoyed for only $4; you gotta love that price. We'll definitely be back soon


0 comments: