Wednesday, July 8, 2009

They're Here

Today was a great day because we had a few new faces show up around the house. My sister and her two kids arrived from Seattle for a 2 week vacation. We are so excited for the fun to begin at our house! Then after their arrival, Allie and I headed out to pick up Max, our new kitty. I never thought I would be a pet owner, and the last thing I thought I would ever own was a cat.

Papa Jim, Allie, and I went to pick up the Littles from the airport

Here is the newest member of our family-Max. Unfortunately he isn't a kid, but we love him just as much. Max is an American Short Haired kitty that is 7 months old. My step-sister found him on a farm and we think the cows rubbed off on him just a little. He is white with large brown spots all over him. Not only is his color unique, but he also has 6 digits on his paw pad instead of 5.

After settling everybody in and filling our bellies with some dinner we all headed out to the Boise Hawks Family Night. All Wednesday games through out the summer are Family Nights, which means you get in to the game for $1. All of the concession food is pretty much $1 as well.

The $1 bleacher seats were of course all sold out by the time we walked through the gates, but there was "standing" room left. We figured for $1 we mine as well go watch some baseball and get some cheap treats. We quickly discovered the kids bounce house area and this entertained the kids for a majority of the evening.

Ainsley and Allie waiting to get the o.k. to race through the obstacle bounce house

Allie coming down the slide. Nothing has stopped this girl with her cast on. I have had to intervene a few times because she thinks she can just do whatever she desires

Cousins!

We tried to get a group cousin photo with Humphrey but it ended up being just Allie

Once we got home from the game, we killed some time waiting for daddy to help us move the mattress upstairs. The kids enjoyed doing some gymnastics on top of the mattress along with entertaining Max who jumped up and joined in on the fun

2 comments:

nurseheather said...

ok ,if i show mattea this she will really want to come over to your house - she wants a cat so bad. they always like when we take care of rachel's house because we get to feed the cat. yikes! your brave. let me know how it goes!

Unknown said...

Kim,

Glad you like the cat. I think it's the sweetest cat I've personally ever been around. Max looks very happy and I think he's found the perfect home.

Kelly