Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eagle Island

We headed off to Eagle Island State Park for a day in the sun and sand with the Givens. Walking into the park brought back a nostalgia for my childhood days. I haven't been back to this park in years and I have many fond memories from my younger days. I am so glad that I am able to return and experience these fun things with Allie. We had a fun day playing on the beach and in the water, despite the water slide being closed. We will have to return to try out the water slide next summer.

Allie and Cam out on the tube

Brynn had a great time too :) She was in a bathing suit until she had to get de-sanded before leaving the park

Later in the afternoon, we came home and made cupcakes. Can you tell that Allie is enjoying the "taste-testing" part of the process

We made some yummy jumbo cupcakes for a ward party. Allie was dying to taste one of them. I wouldn't let her taste one because I had to bring an exact amount for a cupcake walk. Luckily Allie won a cupcake at the party and chose one of our jumbo cupcakes. We decided that they were delicious!

0 comments: