Friday, August 28, 2009

Western Idaho Fair

One of Allie's friends was telling her about the Western Idaho Fair and how she got bit by one of the goats in the petting area. For some reason this sounded fun to Allie and she asked if we could go to the fair. I jumped on this idea because I grew up going to the fair every year. Blake is not so much a fan of the fair; so we rounded up some friends and headed off in the morning to beat the heat. I just love how I get to experience everything that I did as a kid with my own kid. We had a great time!

In the petting area the kids got to brush one of the cows. There was some great hands on experience (sorry for the weird picture; my camera got put on some weird setting)

Petting the sheep. The sheep were one of my favorites of the day-they don't seem to be aggressive like the goats

All of the kids checking out the chickens

Allie just doesn't have any fear. I caught her in the act of sucking on this goats' face, giving it kisses I guess

Little Brynn found some wee little animals just her size to pet

One of the ladies had her sheep out of the pen. She was taking him up to be judged and stopped to let the kids pet it

Part of the bargain was that we could choose two rides to go on at the fair. Unfortunately there weren't a lot that the kids could ride by themselves. They were just a hair to short to go on most of the rides parentless. This nice guy let them ride the roller coaster anyways; even though they fell short. Cam jumped ship before the ride even began, Owen made it almost to the end and then lost it, and Allie just kept looking over the edge smiling at me as she would pass by. I think I have a partner in crime for the big rides one day.

The final ride was the airplane. I actually ended up hoping on the back with Brynn and we moved Allie to the front with Owen. Another nice "carny" worker wanted the adults to supervise the kids but didn't make us give him tickets to ride; good thing because I was out.

Cam and Aunt Katie enjoying the view up in the air. They were riding a few airplanes behind us

To wrap up the day, we topped the afternoon off with a refreshing sno-cone. What a great day at the Western Idaho Fair. I can't wait until Allie gets a little bigger and we can have some fun on the big rides.

0 comments: