Monday, August 17, 2009

Mowing the Lawn In Style

Anyone need there child to fall asleep by 10 am. I have the perfect solution: pack them up in the "wee-ride" as Allie likes to call it and head out to mow the lawn. The white noise from the lawn mower and movement quickly puts Allie right to sleep every time.

The wee-ride tradition started at the beginning of the summer when Blake had to travel for work, he didn't get the lawn mowed before leaving, and it was driving me nuts so I set out to accomplish the task. For some reason Allie was chasing me around the yard screaming and crying while I was mowing . I quickly had the idea to throw her in our hiking back pack and she promptly fell asleep. It has been her tradition to ride with whomever is mowing the lawn ever since. We set out early this morning and she got in a good 1 1/2 nap while I got in a good little work out.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Love this Kim! Look at you, super Mom. It was so good to see you. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next time!

nurseheather said...

that is absolutely hilarious. holy crap what a good idea. you rock. and yes, awesome workout