Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dirty Dash

Blake, me and some friends in our ward were part of a team for a race called the Dirty Dash.  I was very excited about it up until the day before.  I got a little nervous about doing a team race where you are supposed to finish together and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  I had heard a few things here and there about the race, but wanted to know the low down.  

Well we got up there and started out by running a short distance before we were stuck in a traffic jam waiting for the first obstacle; jumping hay bails.  We jumped probably 1/2 dozen hay bails which seemed to get taller and taller as the course went on. We jogged for a bit and then we were met by cement tunnels whose bottoms were caked in mud; can't go around it, can't go on top of it....have to go through it:)  This began our muddy adventure.  Some of the obstacles that followed were jumping through lines of tires in the mud,  scaling ladders, jumping over hurdles and then there was the final hill up to the water slide.  After the water slide we were met by a large pool of mud that we swam through before crossing the finish line.



Due to the course being in the mountains, we only had a photographer at the end.  I was so touched that my husband put up with me through the entire race.  He pushed me when I needed to be pushed, he encouraged me when I needed it and we finished together.   This was us going up the final hill which led to a giant water slide.....so much fun!



Blake in the blue....swimming through the pool of MUD



You can't see Blake here, only a piece of his head poking up,  but he literally swam the last piece with his head in and all



Just crossed the finish line



Such a fun race....so glad that we were able to do it together




Check out Blake's side photo-he looks like Frankenstein 




Team photo

0 comments: